Nikon Introduces Full-Featured Digital SLR
The D200 utilizes a new 11-area AF system that delivers precise Continuous servo AF mode operation for moving subjects, Closest Subject Priority Dynamic AF and also Group Dynamic AF. All AF options are supported by refined lens-controlling algorithms that realize improved focus precision, better subject acquisition capability, keener subject tracking ability and overall improved system response. The camera's responsiveness enables the shooting of up to 37 JPEG images or up to 22 NEF (RAW) images, with shutter speeds ranging from 1/8,000 to 30 seconds. Near instant power-up of 0.15 seconds lets photographers respond to sudden opportunities, and a mere 50-millisecond shutter time lag promotes fast handling.
Other versatile features include an image overlay function that creates a composite image in-camera from two selected NEF (RAW) images, the ability to connect to a GPS (Global Positioning System) unit via an optional GPS Adapter Cord for recording latitude, longitude, elevation and other shooting data for each image, and a large 2.5-inch LCD monitor with a 170° viewing angle. The D200 will be available in late December for an estimated selling price of $1699.95. For complete details, visit www.nikondigital.com.
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- Instagram Photographer Hot.Kenobi Uses Action Figures to Create a Humorous, Surreal Universe
- Deep Cover: My 10 Favorite Stealth Photo Tools for Capturing "The Decisive Moment"
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)