Nikon To Discontinue Most Film Cameras and Related Accessories
The statement says, "Nikon will discontinue production of all lenses for large-format cameras and enlarging lenses, with sales of these products ceasing as soon as they are out of stock. This also applies to most of our film camera bodies, interchangeable manual focus lenses, and related accessories." The statement adds that Nikon UK anticipates that the discontinued products will remain in retail distribution until summer, 2006.
All is not lost for 35mm photographers, however. The statement indicates, "In recognition of Nikon's commitment to professional photographers we will continue to manufacture and sell the F6, our flagship model, as well as a number of manual interchangeable lenses. Sales of the manual FM10 will also be continued outside Europe." Nikon UK included a list of interchangeable lenses that will remain in the line: Nikkor 20mm f/2.8, Nikkor 24mm f/2.8, Nikkor 28mm f/2.8, Nikkor 35mm f/1.4, Nikkor 50mm f/1.2, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4, Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8, Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8, and PC Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D.
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Don’t Fear Off-Camera Flash: Use it to Make Better Outdoor Portraits with This Quick Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Underexposed Portraits? They’re Easy to Fix with This 5-Minute Lightroom Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Can Printing Your Images Make You a Better Shooter? Here’s Why One Pro Says “YES” (VIDEO)