Nikon 50mm f/1.4 Prime Lens
Ideal for travel, event, environmental and general photography in a wide variety of conditions, the new AF-S 50mm f/1.4 lens combines a superb optical formula with an ultra-fast f/1.4 maximum aperture, making it destined to become an instant classic in this digital age. This compact lens continues the tradition of NIKKOR precision optics to provide photographers with sharp, high-resolution images and the ability to focus as close as 1.5 feet for added versatility. The integration of an ultra-compact Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, whisper-quiet operation.
Thanks to the maximum aperture of f/1.4 and newly refined optical performance, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G teams perfectly with the low noise at high ISO sensitivity performance of Nikon D-SLRs such as the D3 and new D700 cameras. When used on a Nikon DX-format digital SLR camera, the new AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G provides an ideal portrait picture angle, approximating that of a 75mm lens in use on a FX-format D-SLR or 35mm SLR camera.
A newly developed optical formula effectively corrects sagittal coma flare and coma aberration, delivering astonishing image quality and allowing more users to realize their creative vision with vivid clarity. Instances of lens flare and chromatic aberration are further suppressed through the use of Nikon’s exclusive Super Integrated Coatings, which also help ensure vividly accurate color balance. The rounded diaphragm opening combined with the nine-blade aperture contributes to a substantially more natural appearance of out-of-focus background elements.
The AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G lens is scheduled to be available at Nikon authorized dealers beginning December 2008 at an estimated selling price of $439.95. For more information, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- This Happened When Kristina Makeeva Took a Stroll on the Deepest, Cleanest Lake On Earth
- Fujifilm Announces Pricing, Availability & Lenses for GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Nature Photographer James Zwadlo Creates a Different Reality with His Unique Infrared Images