Nik Software Announces Free Update to Color Efex Pro 3.0
Color Efex Pro offers digital camera owners a wide range of quick and easy ways to dramatically enhance their photos with just a few clicks of the mouse. Recently awarded the prestigious 2008 Hot One Award from Professional Photographer magazine, Color Efex Pro 3.0 contains the most comprehensive set of creative enhancements, color correction filters, retouching tools, and a complete collection of traditional photographic effects available.
Nik Software's U Point technology in Color Efex Pro provides easy-to-use tools for direct on-image control of filter effects and enhancements. Applying filters to specific areas of a photo can be easily achieved using just a few mouse clicks without the need to create complicated selections and layer masks. Color Efex Pro offers users unprecedented control over selective image enhancements and effects.
Several new filters in Color Efex Pro increase the traditional and stylistic range of the collection. New filters include Bleach Bypass, Cross Balance, Film Effects, Film Grain, Glamour Glow, High Key, Low Key, Polaroid Transfer, and Tonal Contrast. Previously available filters have also been updated to provide even more options. The Color Efex Pro Complete Edition has 52 filters, with a possibility of over 250 effects available. A complete filter list may be found at: www.niksoftware.com/cep3filters.
Pricing & Availability
Color Efex Pro 3.1 is available via electronic purchase in the United States from www.niksoftware.com in two editions:
· Color Efex Pro 3.1 Complete Edition (52 filters total): $299.95
· Color Efex Pro 3.1 Select Edition (35 filters total): $159.95
Current owners of Color Efex Pro 3.0 are eligible to receive the new software updates for free by registering their product at www.niksoftware.com/freeupdate.
Color Efex Pro 3.1 installs as a plug-in into Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, Aperture and Capture NX 2 and is compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating systems, including Vista and Leopard.
- Celebrity Shooter Matthew Jordan Smith Shows You How to Take Great Portraits of Women (VIDEO)
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- 3 Legged Thing Corey Magnesium Alloy Travel Tripod with AirHed Neo Ball Head Review
- Here’s the Lowdown on Making Dramatic Photos by Shooting from a Low Camera Angle (VIDEO)
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)