Nik HDR Efex Pro
HDR Efex Pro brings innovative and best-in-class technologies to HDR photography. HDR Efex Pro enables a wide variety of options, including single-click visual style presets, as well as global adjustments such as exposure, contrast, structure to fine detail contrast, and a new HDR Method option. This feature makes use of four tone-mapping algorithms, which enable virtually unlimited HDR “looks” that can be adapted to a particular HDR style of photography.
Nik Software’s proprietary U Point technology is also incorporated into HDR Efex Pro, providing precise selective fine-tuning of images without the need for complicated selections or layer masks. Photographers can precisely control selective adjustments with a single mouse-click providing the ability to quickly create amazing results. Finishing adjustments, such as vignette controls and levels & curves, make it possible to easily accomplish a range of enhancements within HDR Efex Pro.
HDR Efex Pro also enables photographers to create popular and dramatic HDR images from a single exposure. This feature allows photographers to reprocess a single image in which an exposure series was not previously shot or for subject matter that does not lend itself to multiple exposures.
• Intuitive interface, with easy to understand photographic terminology and the actual processed results always displayed
• U Point powered selective tools for fast, precise enhancements of contrast, shadow, structure, saturation adjustments, and more
• Multiple proprietary tone mapping algorithms enabling a wide range of HDR styles
• Visual presets that produce amazing results in a single-click
• Ability to create the HDR look from a single exposure
• Advanced technology for automatic image alignment and reduction of subject motion artifacts known as “ghosts”
• All-in-one 32-bit color workflow enabling the creation of professional HDR images
Pricing and Availability
HDR Efex Pro is available now for electronic and boxed delivery directly from Nik Software (www.niksoftware.com), through specialty camera retailers, and through online and national resellers. A complete list of Nik Software resellers may be found at www.niksoftware.com/resellers.
The suggested U.S. retail price of HDR Efex Pro is $159.95. The software is available as a free update to those who purchased the Nik Software Complete Collection within North America after July 25, 2010. Complete Collection owners who purchased prior to July 25, 2010 may add HDR Efex Pro to their Complete Collection for just $99.95 by calling Customer Service at 888-284-4085 (or 619-725-3150).
HDR Efex Pro installs as a 64-bit plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 (Windows only) and CS5 (Windows and Macintosh), and as a 32-bit and 64-bit plug-in for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® 2.3 or later (Windows and Macintosh) or Apple® Aperture™ 2.1 or later (Macintosh). For more information about HDR Efex Pro, including a detailed product video and image gallery, please visit www.niksoftware.com/hdrefexpro.
- Nature Photographer Captures Stunning Images of African Wildlife at Night Under Moonlit Skies
- Photographer Solves Mystery After Developing Forgotten Film In Vintage Camera Bought on eBay
- This Happens When You Cut a Working Canon SLR Camera in Half with a 60,000 PSI Waterjet (VIDEO)
- Try These Simple Tricks to Get High-End Creative Effects with a Cheap Kit Lens (VIDEO)
- Take a Video Tour of One of the World's Most Amazing Camera Shops: Grays of Westminster