News & Notes
We welcome your comments on articles, photo and digital events, feedback on
how we're doing, constructive criticism, and friendly advice. We reserve
the right to edit for brevity and to paraphrase longer comments if necessary.
You can send us letters by US mail at Editor, News & Notes, Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780, or by e-mail at: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
In our January issue we inadvertently misidentified the HP and Epson printers shown on pages 96 and 98.
Our review of the Sony A100 digital SLR (November 2006 issue) indicated that Sony lenses with an ultrasonic focus motor were not available. That was correct at the time the Test Report was written, although Sony has since announced the SAL 70-200mm f/2.8 SSM zoom with Supersonic-Wave Motor ($2500, street), and a SAL 300mm f/2.8 SSM telephoto ($6000) may be available by the time you read this. These Sony SSM lenses are similar to the discontinued Konica Minolta SSM series that also included a 200mm f/2.8 model; not many of those Maxxum lenses were ever sold but you may be able to find one on the "pre-owned" market.
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Watch These Photographers Calmly Taking Pictures As the Biggest Alligator We’ve Ever Seen Walks By
- Online Learning Center Alision Shares Harvard University’s Photography Course for Free
- Full Frame: The Story Behind the Image
- Here’s the Backstory on Chris Burkard’s Once-in-a-Lifetime Shot of a Surfer in Iceland (VIDEO)