News & Notes
We welcome your comments on articles, photo and digital events, feedback on how we're doing, constructive criticism, and friendly advice. We reserve the right to edit for brevity and to paraphrase longer comments if necessary. You can send us letters by US mail at Editor, News & Notes, Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780, or by e-mail at: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our review of the Sigma APO 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM zoom (November issue) indicated that this lens is equipped with a new, oversized tripod mounting collar and foot. In fact, the basic configuration includes a standard size mounting accessory, although a larger collar/foot (model #TS41) is available as an extra cost option. That would be a prudent investment for anyone using this zoom for high-magnification photography because the larger accessory provides greater rigidity to minimize blurring from camera/lens movement.
ExpressDigital's Darkroom Assembly Edition Now With New Money-Making
ExpressDigital has released Version 8.7 of its Darkroom Assembly Edition software, specifically designed for professional school and team day photographers. This latest version adds to the already powerful features and functionality of Assembly Edition. Included in this new version are many features designed to help professional photographers make more money. These new features include: a simple import and export wizard; advanced raw workflow; retouch workshop; new templates; tethered camera support; high-volume printer support; foreign currency support; and e-mail marketing. For more information, visit www.expressdigital.com.
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- These Gorgeous Images Show Why It’s Important to Pay Attention to Obscure Photo Contests
- Wildlife Photography with a Twist: The Unique Zoo Portraiture of Frenchman Eric Pillot
- Watch This Spectacular Video of the Northern Lights Shot from the Window of a Passenger Plane