NewerTech miniStack v2.5 Firewire 400/USB 2.0 Powered Hub Storage Solution
NewerTech miniStack v2.5 is ideal for data intensive uses, such as Audio/Video editing, digital photography, MP3 music libraries, and high-speed back-up. Built for performance, it employs the latest generation Oxford 934 bridge chipset; a 7200RPM Serial ATA (SATA) drive; up to 1.0TB of storage capacity; and up to 32MB of disk cache to quickly store and retrieve up to 1 million JPEG photos, 350,000 MP3 songs, or 500 DVD quality movies.
miniStack v2.5 functions as a centralized desktop hub for connecting multiple
digital devices, such as scanners, printers, memory card readers, digital cameras,
and iPods, simultaneously and clutter-free.
It features a unique ergonomic rear and side port configuration of three FireWire 400 (one uplink and two additional) and four USB 2.0 (one uplink and three additional) ports. With its interface flexibility and compact design, miniStack v2.5 is the ideal portable external hard drive storage solution to move among multiple Macintosh® computers and laptops and virtually any Windows® or Linux®-based computer with a USB or FireWire port. The easy-to-use miniStack v2.5 is also perfect for booting your OS on any system with FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 boot-support.
In addition, Mac users can add miniStack v2.5 to an Airport Extreme® wireless network via USB to wirelessly share files, perform Time Machine backups, and share other devices, like printers. Plus, miniStack v2.5 is A/V rated for high-performance home entertainment systems and sharing content with Apple TV.
miniStack v2.5 Features:
· Up to 1.0TB (1,000GB) of bootable Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive capacity
· Up to 32MB of data cache
· Oxford 934 bridge chipset
· Compact, 6.5"x 6.5" x 1.5" size
· Three FireWire 400 ports, two rear/one side (one uplink, two additional)
· Four USB 2.0/1.1 ports, three rear/one side (one uplink, three additional)
· External Auto Switching 100~240v 50/60Hz 3 amp UL listed power adapter
· Auto-Power on/off automatically with computer
· Intelligent thermal monitoring for minimal fan power consumption and whisper quiet operation
· Fully bootable via FireWire or USB with OS boot support
· Interface connecting cables included
· Kensington security slot
· Includes ProSoft Engineering® Data Backup 3, NovaStor NovaBACKUP®, and Intech® SpeedTools Utilities™ software (a $200 retail value)
miniStack v2.5 is available immediately in seven pre-configured models priced starting at $104.99 from NewerTech's exclusive distributor, Other World Computing, at www.macsales.com, as well as through the retail channel. For more information, see http://www.newertech.com/products/ministackv2_5.php