New Photo Show: CALL + RESPONSE + RESPONSE
Photoville is New York City’s premier free photo destination. This innovative modular venue is made from re-purposed shipping containers and is host to various photography exhibits, outdoor photo installations, seminars, workshops and night-time multimedia shows. This year, the International Center of Photography (ICP) is pleased to announce a series of events for Photoville—held on September 18 to 28, 2014 in Brooklyn Bridge Park. It will feature the immersive exhibit titled CALL + RESPONSE + RESPONSE as well as 2 ICP photography workshops.
The exhibit demonstrates how photography operates as a tool that sparks engagement and discussion. Featuring works by the 2015 candidates from the ICP-Bard Master in Fine Arts Program, the artists include Esther Boesche, Stephanie Colgan, Joseph Desler Costa, Anna Ekros, Connor McNicholas, Marie Louise Omme, Kathleen Shanon, Marisa Sottos, Daniel Terna, Jessica Thalmann, Beau Torres, Kimberly Wade and Tracie Williams.
How To Make A Camera Out Of Anything! September 20, 12 to 1:30pm with Instructor Liz Sales—this workshop offers a look at the history, theory and practice of pinhole photography with an emphasis on the technical relationship between camera-making and image formation. Each student leaves with a camera made from various objects and an image made with that camera.
Developing Your Composition Skills. September 21, 6 to 7:30pm with Instructor Anja Hitzenberger—this workshop is for photographers who want to refine/develop their composition skills. The emphasis is on urban environments.
(image credit: Anna Ekros)
More info on the event here.
- Fog-Chasing Photographer Spent 18 Months Making This Enchanting 4K Time Lapse of Mt. Tamalpais
- Meet Luminar: A New, Full-Featured Image-Editing Program for Mac Users for Only $59
- Here’s the Best Way to Sharpen Your Images: Use This Free Photoshop Action Download (VIDEO)
- Hands-On with Nikon’s Two New Premium Nikkor Lenses at PhotoPlus Expo (VIDEO)
- Rita Kluge Swims with Adult Whales & Their Babies to Get These Captivating Underwater Images