New Gold KODAK CDs and DVDs
"The gold Preservation CD-R can safely store digital data for up to 300
years," said Steve Mizelle, President of KMP Media. "The gold Preservation
DVD (-R) protects videos and other very large digital files for 80 to 100 years.
This is especially important for consumers trying to save precious photos, critical
data, music or movies".
The 24-karat gold reflective layer on the KODAK Preservation CD-R and Preservation DVD (-R) will not, according to the company, tarnish or oxidize. Phthalocyanine dye, an extremely stable medium for long life, is the primary data storage layer in the CD-R. In addition, triple layers of protection guard against heat, humidity, bright light and the effects of rough handling. The substrate of the CD-R is optical grade polycarbonate.
The new gold CD-R and DVD (-R) are said to be made to exacting manufacturing standards and tested for long life capability by subjecting them to accelerated exposure to extreme heat, humidity, bright lighting and other factors. The discs also withstand rough handling by protecting against up to 290 grams of pressure on the disc surface, as shown by a diamond stylus test.
The innovative archival disks are available in jewel case packages for consumer
use and spindles for commercial use. Both the gold CD-R and archival DVD (-R)
are now available worldwide.
- Nature Photographer Captures Stunning Images of African Wildlife at Night Under Moonlit Skies
- Look at this Stunning 4K Video of Whales & the Northern Lights in Norway by Philip Bloom
- This Happens When You Cut a Working Canon SLR Camera in Half with a 60,000 PSI Waterjet (VIDEO)
- Adventure Photographer Camps On Greenland’s Frigid Icecap to Capture the Aurora Borealis
- PortraitPro Body Software Review