New Gold KODAK CDs and DVDs
"The gold Preservation CD-R can safely store digital data for up to 300
years," said Steve Mizelle, President of KMP Media. "The gold Preservation
DVD (-R) protects videos and other very large digital files for 80 to 100 years.
This is especially important for consumers trying to save precious photos, critical
data, music or movies".
The 24-karat gold reflective layer on the KODAK Preservation CD-R and Preservation DVD (-R) will not, according to the company, tarnish or oxidize. Phthalocyanine dye, an extremely stable medium for long life, is the primary data storage layer in the CD-R. In addition, triple layers of protection guard against heat, humidity, bright light and the effects of rough handling. The substrate of the CD-R is optical grade polycarbonate.
The new gold CD-R and DVD (-R) are said to be made to exacting manufacturing standards and tested for long life capability by subjecting them to accelerated exposure to extreme heat, humidity, bright lighting and other factors. The discs also withstand rough handling by protecting against up to 290 grams of pressure on the disc surface, as shown by a diamond stylus test.
The innovative archival disks are available in jewel case packages for consumer
use and spindles for commercial use. Both the gold CD-R and archival DVD (-R)
are now available worldwide.
- Travel Photographer Captures Gorgeous Long-Exposure Cityscapes at Night and You Can Too
- Checking Out the New Canon EOS M5 Flagship Mirrorless Camera at PhotoPlus Expo (Video)
- Here’s How to Create Believable Photos of People Levitating: No Magical Powers Required
- Here’s the Best Way to Sharpen Your Images: Use This Free Photoshop Action Download (VIDEO)
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Power of B&W" Assignment