New Gold KODAK CDs and DVDs
"The gold Preservation CD-R can safely store digital data for up to 300
years," said Steve Mizelle, President of KMP Media. "The gold Preservation
DVD (-R) protects videos and other very large digital files for 80 to 100 years.
This is especially important for consumers trying to save precious photos, critical
data, music or movies".
The 24-karat gold reflective layer on the KODAK Preservation CD-R and Preservation DVD (-R) will not, according to the company, tarnish or oxidize. Phthalocyanine dye, an extremely stable medium for long life, is the primary data storage layer in the CD-R. In addition, triple layers of protection guard against heat, humidity, bright light and the effects of rough handling. The substrate of the CD-R is optical grade polycarbonate.
The new gold CD-R and DVD (-R) are said to be made to exacting manufacturing standards and tested for long life capability by subjecting them to accelerated exposure to extreme heat, humidity, bright lighting and other factors. The discs also withstand rough handling by protecting against up to 290 grams of pressure on the disc surface, as shown by a diamond stylus test.
The innovative archival disks are available in jewel case packages for consumer
use and spindles for commercial use. Both the gold CD-R and archival DVD (-R)
are now available worldwide.
- Nikon Clarifies Their Path Forward: Will Concentrate on Mid-to-High-End DSLRs, Mirrorless Cameras & Lenses
- Watch How Photoshop Can Transform a Dull Photo into a Vibrant Image That “Pops” (VIDEO)
- Learn 7 Lightroom Tricks in 60 Seconds on Using Sliders to Speed up Your Workflow (VIDEO)
- You Should Try This Simple Lighting Setup for Shooting Beautiful Portraits at Home or on Location (VIDEO)
- Final Shot: Here's Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month