Monster Photo Winner
The Monster Cable photo contest was open to amateur photographers who uploaded images to the web site, www.MonsterPhoto.com. Judges included editors from PhotoGraphic and eDigitalPhoto magazines and the members of the Academy of Art College in San Francisco. Images were judged for their visual appeal and engaging qualities that portrayed a passion and spirit for life; no manipulated images were accepted.
The Monster $10,000 photo contest drew entries from around the country and was created by Monster Cable to celebrate their new line of products, including high capacity Rechargeable Lithium Ion Power Cells for use in a wide range of digital cameras; Photo Lithium PowerCells for point and shoot film cameras; the ProCharger Digital PowerPack 2100, with digital charger and eight rechargeable PowerCells; and the Ultra-Compact Camera Pack, ergonomically designed for travel photo enthusiasts, as well as the entire line of Monster cables to connect digital cameras to computers and computers to digital printers.
Scott, the $10,000 Grand Prize winner with his image, "Karmel's Truck", describes himself as an avid Monster Cable fan, and makes good use of his ProCharger PowerPack and several Monster Home Entertainment cables. As to what he'll be doing with his $10,000 Grand Prize, Scott said, "I plan on buying my wife a nice ring, myself a new digital camera, taking a nice little vacation with my wife and, of course, getting more Monster products!"
Other winners include 1st Runner Up Nicholas Belloni, with his image "Water Lily", who will receive a Monster Power AVS 2000, and 2nd Runner Up Michael Moi, with his image "Ballerina of the Wind", who will receive a Monster Power Bar 2100.
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)