Microtek ScanMaker 1000XL
Features of the ScanMaker 1000XL include 4.0 maximum optical density and full 48-bit color for richer, smoother tonal values and multiple sampling, in user-selectable frequencies of 2, 4, 8, and 16 steps. Multiple sampling reduces random image noise and minimizes signal fluctuation, yielding purer image output that greatly enhances the optical density range. It incorporates a 41,300-element CCD, providing an optical resolution of 3200 x 6400 dpi (interpolated to 25,600 dpi), allowing for greater enhancement of scanned images. Kodak DIGITAL ICE Photo Print Technology is built into the scanner hardware to automatically reconstruct damaged photos by eliminating surface defects such as rips, tears, and wrinkles.
The ScanMaker 1000XL features a robust software package for professional-level scanning. For quality images, the ScanMaker 1000XL bundles ScanWizard Pro for direct scanning to RGB, CMYK, LAB and indexed color. The ScanMaker 1000XL Pro also includes SilverFast Ai 6 from LaserSoft Imaging with NegaFix for superior negative film-scanning capability. NegaFix is a real-time negative film optimization tool designed to handle many different types of negative film (black-and-white, and color). SilverFast Ai 6 also includes features such as dust-and-scratch removal, grain and noise reduction, and selective color correction for changing colors in up to four places on the scan.
The ScanMaker 1000XL will have estimated SRP below $2,700.00.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think