Metz 54 AF-1 Digital Flash
The unit uses four AA batteries (Alkaline, NiMh, NiCD) and mounts onto the
camera's hot shoe. The camera and flash work together to set the ISO, read the
zoom position, and ultimately, the exposure. The new AF models also supports
rear curtain synchronization (when present in the camera), which is important
for controlling blurring effects of action shots, along with the ability to
manually set the zoom setting for non-auto-zooming lenses.
Metz flash products are distributed in the US exclusively by Bogen Imaging.
- Shutterbug’s 10 Favorite Cameras and Lenses of 2016
- These Are the Striking Images of Iconic American Avant-Garde Photographer & Artist Man Ray
- Which Lens Should I Buy (Part 1): Advice for Beginners Who Just Moved up from a Point-&-Shoot
- Phillip Haumesser’s Natural-Light Photographs of His Kids Aren’t Your Typical Family Snapshots
- Illuminating Landscapes: Jess Findlay Has a Light Touch with Nature Photography