Meet Our New Editor Dan Havlik
I’m happy to report that George will remain part of the Shutterbug family as Editor-at-Large, and will continue to share his wisdom with our readers on a periodic basis.
Moving forward, we are excited to announce that Shutterbug is now in the very capable hands of new Editor Dan Havlik—a name many of you ready know and respect. Most recently Dan served as Senior Technology Editor for both Photo District News and Rangefinder Magazine. His career includes stints as Editor-in-Chief of Photo Trade News, Contributing Editor of LAPTOP Magazine, and Editor of DemystifyingDigital.com. Dan has also had a prolific freelance career, and spent time as a Public Relations Specialist at Canon USA. In short, Dan is a gifted photographer, a fine writer, an accomplished editor, an expert on imaging technology, and an all-around great guy.
As with George, Dan and I have been friends and colleagues for years, and once you get to know him a bit better I am certain you will agree that he’s the best person for the job. You can expect Dan to put his own stamp on Shutterbug Magazine and shutterbug.com as we continue to evolve. My staff and I are eager to begin this new chapter in our venture and I hope all of you will join us in thanking George and welcoming Dan aboard!
- Fog-Chasing Photographer Spent 18 Months Making This Enchanting 4K Time Lapse of Mt. Tamalpais
- Meet Luminar: A New, Full-Featured Image-Editing Program for Mac Users for Only $59
- Here’s the Best Way to Sharpen Your Images: Use This Free Photoshop Action Download (VIDEO)
- Hands-On with Nikon’s Two New Premium Nikkor Lenses at PhotoPlus Expo (VIDEO)
- Rita Kluge Swims with Adult Whales & Their Babies to Get These Captivating Underwater Images