Meet Our New Editor Dan Havlik
I’m happy to report that George will remain part of the Shutterbug family as Editor-at-Large, and will continue to share his wisdom with our readers on a periodic basis.
Moving forward, we are excited to announce that Shutterbug is now in the very capable hands of new Editor Dan Havlik—a name many of you ready know and respect. Most recently Dan served as Senior Technology Editor for both Photo District News and Rangefinder Magazine. His career includes stints as Editor-in-Chief of Photo Trade News, Contributing Editor of LAPTOP Magazine, and Editor of DemystifyingDigital.com. Dan has also had a prolific freelance career, and spent time as a Public Relations Specialist at Canon USA. In short, Dan is a gifted photographer, a fine writer, an accomplished editor, an expert on imaging technology, and an all-around great guy.
As with George, Dan and I have been friends and colleagues for years, and once you get to know him a bit better I am certain you will agree that he’s the best person for the job. You can expect Dan to put his own stamp on Shutterbug Magazine and shutterbug.com as we continue to evolve. My staff and I are eager to begin this new chapter in our venture and I hope all of you will join us in thanking George and welcoming Dan aboard!
- Can’t Afford a Medium Format Film Scanner? Here’s How to Build One with a Shoe Box (VIDEO)
- Meet the Russian Daredevil Who Takes Modeling to New Heights with These Terrifying Selfies (VIDEO)
- Ansel Adams' Daughter-in-Law Reveals Intimate Behind-the-Scenes Stories On the Master (VIDEO)
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)