Manfrotto Tripod Combines Strength of Magnesium and Carbon Fiber
Manfrotto engineers also have replaced all aluminum tripod components with die-cast magnesium. The switch represents a lateral move in sturdiness yet a substantial gain in strength and overall reduction of weight by 30% over similar sized aluminum models. The MagFiber series starts with 4 tripods and two monopods with dimensions almost identical to Manfrotto's most popular models the 3001 and 3021 series with both 3 and 4-section legs.
The MagFiber is also packed with numerous features such as quick-action adjustable lever locks that instantly secure leg extensions in place with no slippage or rotation, push buttons to operate leg angles offering four degrees of inclination, a center column with built-in low angle adaptor allowing for vertical and horizontal positioning and a detachable carrying handle which can be used to support a counterweight.
More information: www.bogenimaging.us
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Geared Up: Long Glass: My Favorite Telephoto And Zoom Lenses For Getting Close To The Action
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review