Manfrotto Tripod Combines Strength of Magnesium and Carbon Fiber
Manfrotto engineers also have replaced all aluminum tripod components with die-cast magnesium. The switch represents a lateral move in sturdiness yet a substantial gain in strength and overall reduction of weight by 30% over similar sized aluminum models. The MagFiber series starts with 4 tripods and two monopods with dimensions almost identical to Manfrotto's most popular models the 3001 and 3021 series with both 3 and 4-section legs.
The MagFiber is also packed with numerous features such as quick-action adjustable lever locks that instantly secure leg extensions in place with no slippage or rotation, push buttons to operate leg angles offering four degrees of inclination, a center column with built-in low angle adaptor allowing for vertical and horizontal positioning and a detachable carrying handle which can be used to support a counterweight.
More information: www.bogenimaging.us
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer
- Help the Rescued Film Project Process & Restore a Treasure Trove of Film Shot in the 1950s (VIDEO)
- Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens Review