Male Photographer of the Year? Photographer Spoofs Himself in Goofy Self-Promotion Video
We’ve seen a lot of silly self-promotion videos from photographers before, but nothing quite as goofy as Chris Bauer’s “Male Photographer of the Year” spoof on YouTube.
The video, which is embedded below, features Bauer as a horrendous “hipster” photographer with a penchant for cheesy 1970s and ’80s affections (see moustache and mullet) alongside some more modern proclivities. “With more selfies taken in the past year than anyone who has ever taken a selfie,” the narrator of the video intones.
Whether you think it’s funny or not depends on your taste – we smiled – but one thing is for sure, Bauer is getting the last laugh. The video’s gone viral and he’s, no doubt, getting lots of new visitors to his website.
“Grip it and rip it,” as Bauer would say.
Check the video out below and tell us what you think in the comments.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- What to Do When You Think You've Lost All Your Images on a Faulty Memory Card
- Our Favorite Reader Websites: 3 Great Online Photo Portfolios that Make Every Click Count
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)