Lowepro and Polar Bears International Photo Contest
Open to professional and amateur photographers, “My Favorite Things” has a twofold purpose: to draw attention to the wildlife and ecosystems threatened by climate change and to celebrate the planet’s treasures through the medium of photography.
“Lowepro is proud to support photographers and organizations that make it their mission to protect, preserve and create awareness about climate change and its impact to our environment,” said Treg Tyler, Lowepro worldwide marketing director. “This contest is a creative way for photographers worldwide to share images of their ‘favorite things’ that may be threatened” he added.
“PBI and Lowepro are both profoundly dedicated to education and research, and the images from this contest can help spark interest and concern in others. We know that if we can assure the survival of the polar bear—the creature in most immediate peril from climate change and pollutants—we’ll have created a better planet for all its flora, fauna, water and air," said Robert Buchanan, CEO of PBI.
“My Favorite Things” photo contest takes place from July 1, 2010 through August 31, 2010. For entry information, rules and regulations, please visit www.lowepro.com/myfavoritethings.
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- GoPro Launches Their First Drone and Two New Hero5 Action Cameras with Raw Capture Mode
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina