Look at What You Can Do with Canon Lenses Featuring Built-in Macro Lite LED Flash Units (VIDEO)
Canon has two innovative lenses that incorporate built-in LED “Macro Lites” on either side of the front element, the EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM for M-Series mirrorless cameras, and the EF-S 35mm Macro IS STM for Canon DSLRs. In the video below, you’ll see what you can accomplish by using these lenses instead of a conventional on-camera flash.
Both lenses are designed for quick macro shots of flowers, insects and other macro subjects without additional lighting gear, but they are also very useful for portraits, food photography, and other applications. These affordable, compact AF lenses feature Canon’s image stabilization technology for up to four stops of shake reduction.
In the video below from Canon Australia you’ll see how wedding photographer Gemma Peanut used Canon’s EF-S 35mm Macro IS STM to quickly fill in shadows and brighten up the sparkle of an engagement ring. And be sure to look at our earlier stories on the EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM and the EF-S 35mm Macro IS STM.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)