liveBooks Photojournalism for Photojournalists
This partnership, which is beginning with these two photojournalism groups and will be rolled out to eight additional leaders in international photojournalism and documentary photography in the near future, will provide photojournalists worldwide with an opportunity to have a professional web presence at an affordable price. liveBooks Photojournalism (http://pj.livebooks.com) is designed to help photojournalists and documentary photographers gain visibility for their work, build successful careers and support the use of their images to drive social change worldwide.
“liveBooks has long considered photojournalism to be among the most important work in the world and we have consistently sought ways to support the careers of photojournalists and those whose stories they tell,” said Andy Patrick, president and CEO of liveBooks and founder of FiftyCrows. “We see liveBooks Photojournalism as an extension of our philanthropic efforts under Conscious Communities and an application to help photojournalists share the amazing stories they witness in our world every day.”
By offering cost-effective, yet highly professional pre-designed websites, liveBooks is helping photojournalists garner additional exposure for their creative visions. liveBooks Photojournalism users can choose a website look and feel that best fits their style by selecting from 78 variations of page designs created by the same liveBooks creative team that has been developing award-winning, customized sites since 2004.
Every pre-designed liveBooks site offers the same benefits of the company’s custom-built sites, including:
- An intuitive, drag-and-drop interface for users to easily update the content of their sites
- Easy upload of multimedia including videos, music, slideshows and more
- Advanced search marketing tools to turn each site into a virtually effortless, yet sophisticated and powerful marketing tool
- Free web support from liveBooks
Pre-designed liveBooks websites are available to members of the partnering photojournalism organizations only. Sites are available via subscription for $44/month or $444/year, or they can be purchased for a one-time fee of $1,144. As their needs grow, liveBooks Photojournalism users can transition to custom sites at any point for an additional $1,200.
“By offering this community flexible and affordable pricing on high-quality liveBooks sites, our goal is to help individual photographers build sustainable careers so that society continues to benefit from their powerful, often poignant, work,” continued Patrick.
liveBooks photojournalism goes far beyond the ability to develop websites. It is also home to an international online community of photojournalists, documentary photographers, and photo industry professionals working to keep visual storytelling economically feasible and socially relevant. Some of the most highly regarded international voices in photojournalism – Michael Shaw, Alan Chin, Ed Kashi and Chris Rainier – will share advice and perspectives on the liveBooks photo community blog, RESOLVE. Contributions will include:
- Photographer-to-photographer interviews from around the world
- Photo essays
- Tips and resources for running and marketing a photojournalism business
- First-person reports from the field
- News about grants, events and industry players such as Chobi Mela, National Geographic All Roads, World Press Photo and more
Through the launch of liveBooks Photojournalism, liveBooks is furthering its commitment to being a true partner with the photo community and empowering the use of photography to drive positive social change throughout the world. For more information on liveBooks Photojournalism, please visit http://pj.livebooks.com.
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)