Lexar Professional LockTight CompactFlash Card
The combination of a CompactFlash card and Lexar's custom LockTight software creates a secure solution ideal for photographers in fields such as forensic photography, scientific research, military and law enforcement. When used in conjunction with a camera that supports the LockTight system, access to the digital content stored on a LockTight card is restricted to authorized users and authorized cameras through card level, 160 bit authentication. Once the card has been registered to users and cameras, it will only work in those specific cameras and can only be accessed on a PC or MAC by those users with the login information established by the system administrator. A Lexar Professional CompactFlash Reader completes the security solution, as only the user's registered cameras and Professional CompactFlash Readers can recognize a secured LockTight card. LockTight cards that are not secured operate as normal cards. Nikon's D2X and D2Hs digital cameras currently support LockTight.
LockTight CompactFlash employs a unique strategy to protect data, and, as a result, LockTight cards are always "locked." A computer or camera cannot read or write data to/from a LockTight card until a critical authorization process takes place between the LockTight card and the host computer or host camera. This authorization process is where the 160-bit HMAC SHAH-1 encryption algorithm is employed.
Lexar's LockTight CompactFlash will be available at photo-specialty stores and through key market value added resellers in capacities of 512MB and 2GB.
- Look at this Stunning 4K Video of Whales & the Northern Lights in Norway by Philip Bloom
- This 4-Minute Time-Lapse Video Reveals 4.5 Hours of Editing That Resulted in One Spectacular Image
- What Were the Most Popular Photo Products of 2016? LensRentals Reveals Its Hottest Gear List
- Nature Photographer Captures Stunning Images of African Wildlife at Night Under Moonlit Skies
- Freebie Alert: Download Auto FX Free and Get 10 Photoshop Plug-Ins and a Standalone App