Lexar Professional LockTight CompactFlash Card
The combination of a CompactFlash card and Lexar's custom LockTight software creates a secure solution ideal for photographers in fields such as forensic photography, scientific research, military and law enforcement. When used in conjunction with a camera that supports the LockTight system, access to the digital content stored on a LockTight card is restricted to authorized users and authorized cameras through card level, 160 bit authentication. Once the card has been registered to users and cameras, it will only work in those specific cameras and can only be accessed on a PC or MAC by those users with the login information established by the system administrator. A Lexar Professional CompactFlash Reader completes the security solution, as only the user's registered cameras and Professional CompactFlash Readers can recognize a secured LockTight card. LockTight cards that are not secured operate as normal cards. Nikon's D2X and D2Hs digital cameras currently support LockTight.
LockTight CompactFlash employs a unique strategy to protect data, and, as a result, LockTight cards are always "locked." A computer or camera cannot read or write data to/from a LockTight card until a critical authorization process takes place between the LockTight card and the host computer or host camera. This authorization process is where the 160-bit HMAC SHAH-1 encryption algorithm is employed.
Lexar's LockTight CompactFlash will be available at photo-specialty stores and through key market value added resellers in capacities of 512MB and 2GB.
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!