Lexar Pro Lock Tight DI Security System
Those seeking secure memory cards will be interested in Lexar's LockTight cards and reader. The system encrypts login access to the LockTight card, but not the file data. This means that the full 80X speed of the card is available. Lexar says that the card cannot be accessed on any camera other than an authorized LockTight camera or any computer that lacks the LockTight access and a correct username and password. The system is comprised of four components: the LockTight CompactFlash card (512MB or 2GB); a Lexar Professional CompcatFlash reader; a LockTight enable camera; and the LockTight Admin and Access software. The system has been designed to have what the company calls "zero impact" on production workflow and requires only one-screen access.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or XP and Mac OS X, ver 10.2.8 or later. The first cameras to incorporate LockTight technology are Nikon's D2X and D2H.
For more information visit www.lexar.com.
- Celebrity Shooter Matthew Jordan Smith Shows You How to Take Great Portraits of Women (VIDEO)
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- 3 Legged Thing Corey Magnesium Alloy Travel Tripod with AirHed Neo Ball Head Review
- Fujifilm X-A3 Mirrorless Camera Review
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time