Lexar Media Announces Crucial Solid State Drive (SSD) Product Line
Crucial SSDs have no spin-up time, seek time, or rotational latency, resulting
in faster system boot times and application load times. Other user benefits
· Low power consumption -- Less than 2W active power
· Rugged -- Resistant to high levels of shock (1,500G/0.5msec) and vibration (20G (20-2000Hz)
· Reliable -- 2 million MTBF
· Low latency -- Access time less than 1ms
· Light weight -- 82g
· Silent operation -- Operating sound of 0 bels
· Runs cool -- No moving parts to create excess heat
· Versatile -- Hot Swappable design
· 5-year limited warranty
External Storage Kit
Lexar Media is also announcing the Crucial SK01 External Drive Storage Kit (sold separately), a device that delivers the benefits of SSD technology to a user's desktop and beyond. The innovative SK01 kit will allow users to enjoy SSD technology installed in their desktop or as a portable storage device via a USB port. The kit includes a 2.5-inch USB 2.0 external enclosure, 3.5-inch SATA 3.0Gb/s hot-swappable drive bay, and a 5.25-inch drive bay bracket. The Crucial SK01 comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
In hot-swap capable systems, the SSD can be removed from a desktop drive bay without the need to power down the computer--a feature that allows for immediate, portable data security.
Crucial offers many free customer tools on its Web site at www.crucial.com/ssd or www.crucial.com/uk/ssd. The Crucial SSD Advisor allows customers to find a compatible SSD by choosing their system make and model from a drop-down menu. Crucial also offers an online flash-based installation guide showing how easy it is to install an SSD.
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review
- Make Your Landscape Photographs “Pop” with This Photoshop Tutorial from Jimmy McIntyre (VIDEO)
- Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before