I’ve been a fan of Lensbaby products since they first appeared nearly ten years ago. If you’re not familiar with the system, visit their website (you can guess the URL) and check it out. The Spark is their latest addition, and priced around $89 by most resellers, it’s also one of the most affordable.
It’s a “for fun” lens but you’ll find yourself using it more and more. It’s perfect for colorful fall foliage as shown here, and ideal for holiday lights. Of course, it’s also well suited for portraits, creative landscapes and other scenes—just use your imagination.
50mm f5.6 (fixed), multi-coated glass doublet optic
Manual focus, approximately 13” (33 cm) to infinity
Sweet spot, selective focus lens (creates a sweet spot of focus surrounded by gradually increasing blur)
Compatible with Lensbaby Optic Swap System and all Lensbaby 37mm threaded accessory lenses.
Available for Canon and Nikon mount DSLRs (only – but can be used on Sony NEX and all Micro Four-Thirds cameras with an adapter)
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review
- Tirthankar Gupta is a Powerful Photographer When He’s Not Stuck Inside His Cubicle at Work