Lensbaby Call for Image Submissions
There are so many great photographers from around the world using Lensbaby Creative Effects SLR lenses and accessories,” said Lensbaby President and Co-Founder Craig Strong. “We can’t wait to review all the photography from Lensbaby users that could be included in this wonderful new book.”
Photographers can submit two images for consideration via www.lensbaby.com/getpublished and can change their photo selection at any time during the submission period. Submissions will be accepted until 6pm, PST, December 31, 2009.
At least 12 photos from all the images submitted will be featured in the Lensbaby book. Popular voting on the www.lensbaby.com/getpublished photo submission microsite of Lensbaby.com will be used to decide one of the selected images. Entrants as well as members of the Lensbaby Studio Photography Forum on Lensbaby.com are eligible to vote. Corey Hilz and Craig Strong will choose the remaining images. If a photographer’s image is selected, it will be featured in this beautiful new book credited with the photographer’s name and they’ll receive a copy of the book. Selected images will be announced and displayed on the www.lensbaby.com/getpublished website on January 15, 2010.
* The photo must be taken with a Lensbaby SLR lens on a digital or film SLR camera
* The photo should display the elements of a great photograph including interesting subject matter, good exposure, strong composition, interesting detail, beautiful light, storytelling, etc.
* The image should capture a moment or subject from a fresh perspective.
* If shooting with a selective focus optic, make certain the sweet spot of focus is appropriately sharp and well-placed.
* Do not submit images containing full nudity or graphic sexuality.
Note: Photographers that have their work selected for publication will be required to submit a permission form granting all standard publication rights to Focal Press.
- Nikon Clarifies Their Path Forward: Will Concentrate on Mid-to-High-End DSLRs, Mirrorless Cameras & Lenses
- Watch How Photoshop Can Transform a Dull Photo into a Vibrant Image That “Pops” (VIDEO)
- Learn 7 Lightroom Tricks in 60 Seconds on Using Sliders to Speed up Your Workflow (VIDEO)
- You Should Try This Simple Lighting Setup for Shooting Beautiful Portraits at Home or on Location (VIDEO)
- Final Shot: Here's Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month