Internet Camera Auction Brings Record Prices
Other rare items included a Leica Noctilux 50mm f/1.2 chrome prototype lens ($30,538) and a Leica Summaron Compur 35mm f/3.5 chrome lens, the only one known to exist ($25,555). The auction also featured items designed for the U.S. government, including an Elcan 90mm f/1 black lens for electro-optical night photography ($24,725), an early evaluation of a Leica Underwater Housing ($9,000), and a Leica Elmar Stereo 3.5cm f/3.5 chrome lens, a World War II production lens with fewer than 50 deliveries to Berlin ($11,600).
Also sold were two lots of special Leica If Swedish Crown marine reconnaissance outfits with consecutive serial numbers, designed for the Swedish military.
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Help the Rescued Film Project Process & Restore a Treasure Trove of Film Shot in the 1950s (VIDEO)