International Photographic Council (IPC) Honors Olympus Corporation’s Toshiro Shimoyama with Hall of Fame Award
Keynote speaker for the luncheon will be Ms. Susan Walsh, president, White House News Photographer's Association. Included at the luncheon will be photographic presentations of the recent U.S. presidential campaign by White House photojournalists Mary F. Calvert and Luke Frazza.
The International Photographic Council (IPC) is a multinational non-governmental organization of the United Nations, composed of representatives from every major sector of the photographic industry. Founded in 1974, it is dedicated to increasing worldwide recognition of photography as a universal means of communication through the adoption of a motto, "Peace through understanding, Understanding through Photography, the Universal Language."
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Watch These Photographers Calmly Taking Pictures As the Biggest Alligator We’ve Ever Seen Walks By
- Full Frame: The Story Behind the Image
- Online Learning Center Alision Shares Harvard University’s Photography Course for Free
- Here’s the Backstory on Chris Burkard’s Once-in-a-Lifetime Shot of a Surfer in Iceland (VIDEO)