Insomnia At The Photo Inn; It All Began Over Gourmet Coffee
Photography is a wide-ranging
field that engenders passion in its practitioners, and like all great
forms of expression creates opinions formed through experience and reflection.
In its early days one of the great debates was: Is Photography Art?
This was the subject of many essays and heated discussions among players
and spectators. Today, issues such as film vs. digital, format choices,
the validity of computer generated images, photography as exploitation
or revealer, and even the merits of ink jet vs. silver prints cause
similar debate. We are opening this department up to readers, manufacturers,
and retailers--in short, everyone who lives and breathes photography
and who has an opinion about anything affecting imaging today.
Over a cup of gourmet coffee,
my colleague and I decided to travel America. It seemed feasible because
of our common interests. Having both graduated from UC Berkeley, we
were floating between jobs while our creative crafts simmered on the
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- 6 Photographers Capture Same Person But Results Vary Widely Because of a Twist (VIDEO)
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer