Harry Benson To Address PAI At New York's National Arts Club
At the PAI meeting, Benson will discuss his fabled career, from traveling to America with the Beatles in 1964, to becoming the most published photographer for LIFE Magazine. He has been featured in forty one-person exhibitions and has published thirteen books highlighting his photography... This year, he was named Commander of the British Empire (CBA) by Queen Elizabeth, and he will be featured in a new book, “Harry Benson: 60 Years; A Retrospective,” to be published this December by Powerhouse Books.
One of the world’s most gifted and published photographers, Benson’s appearance at the PAI meeting is yet another benchmark for the 50-year old organization that continuously attracts the most distinguished names in the photographic industry as speakers at its monthly meetings. PAI is an organization of professional photographers, highly skilled non-professionals whose work has either been exhibited or sold as fine art, and others who are similarly involved on the technology side. Its mission is to promote the photographic arts, honor its practitioners and its history, share cutting edge information, and celebrate photography as an art form.
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Nature Photographer Simon Baxter Says Composition, Patience & Perseverance Win the Day (VIDEO)