Harman Titan 8x10 Pinhole Camera
The 8 x 10 camera is made from injection moulded ABS, finished with a very durable non-slip coating, making the camera exceptionally robust to withstand extreme natural elements, and rough handling, yet weighs only 800gms. The camera, which can be used with any photographic film or paper, takes an 8 x 10 film holder and features tripod mount positions, built-in spirit levels, and an accessory mount. New film holders are readily available from dealers selling the camera, with second hand ones often available at very reasonable cost.
The camera itself comes with a 150mm (5.9in) focal length cone. The chemically etched pinhole has a diameter of 0.52mm (0.0205in). Itcarries a fixed lens aperture of f/288 and a 94.7 degree angle of view.
As with the 4x5in predecessor the kit has the same Exposure Calculator, based on a design by Richard Koolish, which is now printed onto a waterproof material for those wonderful outdoo r days for long exposure times. Finally, the kit also includes guidance information for outdoor use in windy conditions.
Steven Brierley, Director of Sales and Marketing, commented “We are delighted to be launching this new camera, and based on feedback from recent exhibitions in UK and USA we expect to sell good numbers in the coming months”.
Cameras are now available to order from UK photographic Dealers or from www.harmanexpress.com.
Stock is due to arrive with European Distributors in midApril, and North America mid May.
To find a local Distributor outside UK visit www.ilfordphoto.com/contact.asp.
Details of all ILFORD black and white products can be found at www.ilfordphoto.com.
- You Can Make Your Images Better by NOT Doing These 10 Things in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Take Better Portraits in Direct Sunlight with This Tutorial from Fashion Pro Lou Freeman (VIDEO)
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- Add Some Pizzazz to Your Portraits with These Cheap and Creative DIY Tricks (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download