Gerd Ludwig, National Geographic Photographer, on Kingston Technology’s ‘Icons of Photography’ Site
"It's wonderful to see how popular photography has become and how consumers in general have an increasing desire to document their own lives," said Ludwig. "The `Icons of Photography' microsite certainly gives myself and my colleagues an opportunity to share what we know with them and hopefully provide advice and insight they can apply to their own photography. Something good always comes from people sharing knowledge."
"Gerd is one of the great chroniclers of our time and his experience as a photographer and world traveler will help visitors to our site learn from his incredible career while gaining tips to improve the overall quality of their own photography," said Jaja Lin, Flash memory marketing manager, Kingston®. "We encourage visitors to the microsite to take advantage of the immense knowledge and experiences our Icons have and are willing to share."
As one of the most respected photojournalists in the world, Ludwig has traveled to more than 70 countries across the globe, searching for the truth and recording it with his camera. He continues to lecture at universities and gives workshops around the world. When not photographing for National Geographic, a position he has held since the early 1990s, he shoots advertising campaigns for a variety of clients.
Previous interviews with sports photographer Peter Read Miller, documentary photographer Colin Finlay and photojournalist Harry Benson, have been posted and archived on the microsite. To learn more about Gerd Ludwig and the other Kingston Icons, visit www.kingston.com/iop.
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Yay! 15 Fun Questions to Test Your Right to be Called a Photography Fanatic
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Aperture But Were Afraid to Ask (VIDEO)
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Brighten Eyes in Photoshop in Less than One Minute (VIDEO)