The Gallery Art & Design in Richmond, VA is Hosting Their First Annual International Juried Photography Competition
|The Gallery Art & Design in Richmond, VA is hosting their first annual International Juried Photography competition to benefit the renowned Richmond's Children Hospital.|
|This year's theme is "Colors of Life." The
deadline for submissions is Sept 1, 2006. Anyone may apply (18+ of age)
with any photographic medium. There will be a prestigious jury composed
of local and international art curators and collectors electing the top
three finalists who will receive awards of $1000, $500, and $250 respectively.
The Top Ten Finalists will exhibit at the culminating night gala in February
'07 at the historic Jefferson Hotel Ballroom; there will be an awards ceremony
for the artists and a silent auction of their work with the net proceeds
going to the Children's Hospital to help double the size of their Transitional
Care Unit (TCU). There will be International media coverage, and thus an
opportunity to introduce work to an International market.
Those interested may email email@example.com, call Karen at +1 804.355.0102 or visit our website http://www.the-gallery.it/photocontest_eng.asp. Application forms and details are available online.
The Gallery is located at 16 S. Dooley Ave Richmond, VA 23221
- Photographer Travels the World to Capture These Astonishing Macro Cityscapes in Drops of Water
- 13 Questions to Test Your Knowledge of Camera Lenses
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Feast Your Eyes on These Stunning Images of Earth Just Captured by the International Space Station
- Hands-On with the Sigma 500mm Lens & Hasselblad's V1D Medium Format Camera (PHOTOS)