The Gallery Art & Design in Richmond, VA is Hosting Their First Annual International Juried Photography Competition
|The Gallery Art & Design in Richmond, VA is hosting their first annual International Juried Photography competition to benefit the renowned Richmond's Children Hospital.|
|This year's theme is "Colors of Life." The
deadline for submissions is Sept 1, 2006. Anyone may apply (18+ of age)
with any photographic medium. There will be a prestigious jury composed
of local and international art curators and collectors electing the top
three finalists who will receive awards of $1000, $500, and $250 respectively.
The Top Ten Finalists will exhibit at the culminating night gala in February
'07 at the historic Jefferson Hotel Ballroom; there will be an awards ceremony
for the artists and a silent auction of their work with the net proceeds
going to the Children's Hospital to help double the size of their Transitional
Care Unit (TCU). There will be International media coverage, and thus an
opportunity to introduce work to an International market.
Those interested may email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Karen at +1 804.355.0102 or visit our website http://www.the-gallery.it/photocontest_eng.asp. Application forms and details are available online.
The Gallery is located at 16 S. Dooley Ave Richmond, VA 23221
- Watch Ansel Adams’ Son Discuss How His Father Made His Most Famous Photo (VIDEO)
- FilmToaster Scanner Review
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer
- Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens Review
- Hasselblad Launches World’s First Compact Mirrorless Digital Medium Format Camera: the 50MP X1D