Full Frame: The Story Behind the Image
Ulf Amundsen captured this epic image of a herd of elephants in Etosha National Park in Namibia, Africa. “It was a straightforward shoot during midday in dry and dusty conditions,” Amundsen explains. You can see a larger version of the image here. He captured the shot with a Nikon D3S and a Nikkor 200-400mm lens with a teleconverter set to 420mm. The image was shot at f/8, 1/1000 second at ISO 3200 and later edited in Lightroom and Nik Silver Efex Pro. You can see more of Amundsen’s amazing work at 500px.com/ulfrugumayoamundsen.
- How to Shoot Pretty Portraits with a Compact Camera; Manny Ortiz Strips It Down With the Sony RX100 V
- Here Are 10 Great Tips & Tricks for Making Precise Selections & Masks in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V Compact Camera Review
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Review: Field Testing Sigma’s Fast “Gateway” Portrait Lens
- Watch This Amtrak Train Plow Through a Snow Covered Station in Slow Mo (VIDEO)