Full Frame: The Story Behind the Image
Ulf Amundsen captured this epic image of a herd of elephants in Etosha National Park in Namibia, Africa. “It was a straightforward shoot during midday in dry and dusty conditions,” Amundsen explains. You can see a larger version of the image here. He captured the shot with a Nikon D3S and a Nikkor 200-400mm lens with a teleconverter set to 420mm. The image was shot at f/8, 1/1000 second at ISO 3200 and later edited in Lightroom and Nik Silver Efex Pro. You can see more of Amundsen’s amazing work at 500px.com/ulfrugumayoamundsen.
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- This Happened When Kristina Makeeva Took a Stroll on the Deepest, Cleanest Lake On Earth
- Fujifilm Announces Pricing, Availability & Lenses for GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Here’s the Backstory on Chris Burkard’s Once-in-a-Lifetime Shot of a Surfer in Iceland (VIDEO)