FOTOFOCUS Cincinnati: October 2012
Launching in October 2012, the FotoFocus biennial presents an unprecedented opportunity to learn about and experience the diverse currents of photography. FOTOFOCUS brings together museums, galleries, and universities showcasing world-renowned artists and national and regional standouts. Pop-up venues, community art centers, and other grass roots organizations explore current trends in photography with exhibitions featuring the work of emerging talents and students.
Distinguished by a curatorial mandate set forth in inaugural meetings with the region’s major art institutions and professionals, FOTOFOCUS is co-chaired by James Crump, Chief Curator and Curator of Photography at the Cincinnati Art Museum, and Raphaela Platow, Alice and Harris Weston Director and Chief Curator of the Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati. FOTOFOCUS is a concept long envisioned by Thomas R. Schiff, a photographer and lifelong champion of the medium and an advocate for institutional alliances, as exemplified by the Lightborne Visiting Artist and Lecture Series.
212 E 14th St, 5th Floor
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Simon Baxter Says Composition, Patience & Perseverance Win the Day (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Camera Review
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)