FireFly Sensor CleanerNRD
The FireFly's Air Ionization technology eliminates the static charges that cause dust particles to cling to the camera's sensor. The time and money saved on not having to re-touch photos or needing to send the camera out for a professional cleaning may pay for the FireFly after its first use.
The FireFly eliminates both positive and negative charges on the internal components of the camera. The FireFly includes a replaceable 20-micronin-line filter to ensure the ionized air stream is free of particulate or other contaminants.
Dust, dirt, and other particulate matter come from many sources and can become attached to interior surfaces of the camera body, mirror, and shutter. This particulate matter is attracted to the sensor and is held in place by electrostatic charges on the surface of the sensor. The FireFly, powered by a 9-volt battery, uses advanced ionizing technology to direct a burst of anti-static air onto the sensor. Once the sensor is static free, the non-fixed dirt and dust particles simply fall off the sensor and are flushed out of the camera body, eliminating the specs seen in developed photographs.
For additional information the FireFly visit www.nrdfirefly.com.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?
- Check Out this Weird $1 Solution For Making Dramatic Long-Exposure Photographs (VIDEO)