FireFly Sensor CleanerNRD
The FireFly's Air Ionization technology eliminates the static charges that cause dust particles to cling to the camera's sensor. The time and money saved on not having to re-touch photos or needing to send the camera out for a professional cleaning may pay for the FireFly after its first use.
The FireFly eliminates both positive and negative charges on the internal components of the camera. The FireFly includes a replaceable 20-micronin-line filter to ensure the ionized air stream is free of particulate or other contaminants.
Dust, dirt, and other particulate matter come from many sources and can become attached to interior surfaces of the camera body, mirror, and shutter. This particulate matter is attracted to the sensor and is held in place by electrostatic charges on the surface of the sensor. The FireFly, powered by a 9-volt battery, uses advanced ionizing technology to direct a burst of anti-static air onto the sensor. Once the sensor is static free, the non-fixed dirt and dust particles simply fall off the sensor and are flushed out of the camera body, eliminating the specs seen in developed photographs.
For additional information the FireFly visit www.nrdfirefly.com.
- 13 Questions to Test Your Knowledge of Camera Lenses
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Photographer Travels the World to Capture These Astonishing Macro Cityscapes in Drops of Water
- Bright Ideas: How Alexis Cuarezma Creates Dramatic Images Through Clever Lighting Setups
- Feast Your Eyes on These Stunning Images of Earth Just Captured by the International Space Station