Fine Art Stamp Of Authenticity
All packs of ILFORD PHOTO black and white fibre base paper will now include a set of 18 stamps intended to help photographers market their work as a genuine silver gelatin fine art print.
Stamps will become available in packs of the following products:
ILFORD MULTIGRADE FB FIBER
ILFORD MULTIGRADE FB WARMTONE
ILFORD MULTIGRADE ART 300
ILFORD ILFOBROM GALERIE FB
HARMAN does not recommend applying a stamp directly to the print. Users should consider the option of placing it on a certificate of authenticity, or where prints are sold bagged in clear acetate sleeves it can be applied to the face of the bag.
Very good prints can be produced using resin coated papers, but the collectors of fine art prints much prefer silver gelatin prints made on baryta or fine art paper. These stamps are intended to help collectors identify a genuine print that has been finished following a strict processing sequence for optimum permanence.
The ILFORD PHOTO web site has detailed instructions for printers and photographers about the archival processing sequence required to meet that criteria, and collectors visiting the site have a dedicated section explaining the very specific long term benefit of the life expectancy of these prints being 100 years plus.
For further information visit: www.ilfordphoto.com/silvergelatin.
Details of all ILFORD black and white products can be found at www.ilfordphoto.com.
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Have Fun Making Unique Portraits with These Creative Tips & Tricks (VIDEO)
- Spiff Up Your Photography Wardrobe with These Snazzy Clothes and Accessories from Canon