F. J. Westcott Celebrates 75 Years
Pro Photographers Input Has Helped Build A Strong And Versatile Product Line Up
This year, 2001,
marks the 75th year that F.J. Westcott has been doing business. Known
today as a leader in manufacturing light modification equipment, the company
started out as an umbrella company, wholesaling to dry goods stores throughout
the US. At first, the sister company to F.J. Westcott, Haas-Jordan Company,
would manufacture the umbrellas and sell them to Westcott, which then
resold them to various stores. When the dry goods stores began disappearing
the product line evolved toward golf umbrellas and photographic light
umbrellas that were used by studios to reflect or diffuse light.
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Geared Up: Long Glass: My Favorite Telephoto And Zoom Lenses For Getting Close To The Action