F. J. Westcott Celebrates 75 Years
Pro Photographers Input Has Helped Build A Strong And Versatile Product Line Up
This year, 2001,
marks the 75th year that F.J. Westcott has been doing business. Known
today as a leader in manufacturing light modification equipment, the company
started out as an umbrella company, wholesaling to dry goods stores throughout
the US. At first, the sister company to F.J. Westcott, Haas-Jordan Company,
would manufacture the umbrellas and sell them to Westcott, which then
resold them to various stores. When the dry goods stores began disappearing
the product line evolved toward golf umbrellas and photographic light
umbrellas that were used by studios to reflect or diffuse light.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?
- Check Out this Weird $1 Solution For Making Dramatic Long-Exposure Photographs (VIDEO)