ExpoDisc 2.0 Professional White Balance Filter
Beyond its primary function as a white balance tool, the precision calibration and uniformity of the ExpoDisc 2.0 means that it can also be used to meter for an 18% incident exposure and todust map the image sensor. Made in the USA, every ExpoDisc 2.0 is tested by hand on a transmission spectrophotometer and individually adjusted using custom filters to ensure neutrality and an 18% total light transmission across the visible spectrum.
The original ExpoDisc Professional White Balance Filter was available in separate Neutral and Portrait (warming) versions. ExpoDisc 2.0 combines these versions into a single tool. ExpoDisc 2.0 includes two levels of custom warming gels which can be inserted into recesses on the face of the ExpoDisc, enabling photographers to add varying degrees of warmth for pleasing skin tones. The ExpoDisc 2.0’s new filter mount design attaches securely to lenses and even to low-profile threaded lens filters.
The ExpoDisc 2.0 will initially be available in a 77mm filter size with more sizes to follow. As with the original ExpoDisc, a larger ExpoDisc 2.0 can be used with smaller filter size lenses by simply holding the ExpoDisc 2.0 over the lens during the white balance procedure.
Pricing and Availability
ExpoDisc 2.0 is available now through ExpoImaging’s distribution partners worldwide, or online at www.expoimaging.com. The ExpoDisc 2.0 77mm White Balance Filter retails for $49.95.
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits
- The Leica Lens Saga; An Interview With Peter Karbe
- GoPro Launches Their First Drone and Two New Hero5 Action Cameras with Raw Capture Mode