Epson Print Academy Kicks Off All-New Program
In each city, the Epson Print Academy offers two simultaneous tracks. Track One is ideal for advanced amateurs and photo enthusiasts interested in learning how professionals create award-winning prints from the latest generation digital SLRs, while Track Two is designed exclusively for working professionals and covers advanced techniques for increasing productivity and optimizing workflows to create the ultimate print. Both tracks will incorporate Epson’s latest printing technology and provide instruction with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 and Adobe Photoshop CS4.
Hosted by well-known New York City-based photographer and lecturer Jack Reznicki, Track One integrates video interviews, including a special segment on location with nature photographer John Shaw, along with live digital printing workflow tutorials, covering a range of topics, including:
· Easy-to-understand Photoshop Lightroom 2 techniques for getting the most out of Raw files
· Improving images and print quality with easy-to-use lighting techniques
· Basic color management, including creating and using custom color profiles
· Exciting new ways to create incredible black-and-white prints
· Printing with Photoshop CS4 and using new Photoshop plug-ins
· Maximizing print quality with the Epson Stylus Photo R2880
· Sneak Peek at new Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology
Track Two features live presentations and demonstrations by renowned industry experts such as John Paul Caponigro, Greg Gorman, Mac Holbert, Andrew Rodney, and Jeff Schewe and covers a range of advanced topics, including:
· Working with expanded color spaces and smart objects in a non-destructive 16-bit printing workflow
· Advanced techniques for working with Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4
· Maximizing image quality and improving productivity using Camera Raw 5 in Photoshop CS4 and the Develop Module in Lightroom 2
· Digital photography and ink jet folklore, myths and urban legends explored and explained
· Fine art print handling, mounting and framing and understanding image permanence with Michael Reichmann of The Luminous Landscape and Henry Wilhelm of Wilhelm Imaging Research
· Advanced techniques for producing black-and-white prints with greater control and quality
· In-depth expert-level fine art printing techniques for creating exhibition-quality prints
· Advanced color management and the latest cutting-edge techniques for custom color profiling
· Updating workflows to take full advantage of Epson’s new UltraChrome HDR ink technology for increased print quality and productivity
In addition, both tracks include admission to an expo area featuring a gallery of images created with new Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology featured on the Epson Stylus Pro 7900 and 9900. Setting a new standard for professional-level ink jet quality, Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology is based on Epson’s unique high-density pigment chemistry. It offers all-new orange and green inks, and combined with new screening and printing technologies in Epson’s newest printers, Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology delivers the industry’s widest color gamut and superior black density. The result is greatly enhanced photographic print quality with exceptionally fine photographic blends and transitions and highly accurate highlight-to-shadow detail.
The Print Academy Expo will also feature a product demo area where experts from Epson and partnering companies will be on-hand to answer questions and demonstrate products. Sponsors include: Adobe Systems Incorporated, Bogen Imaging, Eizo Nanao Corporation, Lexar Media, Inc., Light Impressions, Microsoft Corp., National Association of Photoshop Professionals, Nik Software, onOne Software, Profoto, Solux, Wacom Technology, and X-Rite.
Epson Print Academy Pricing and Registration
Early bird pricing for Track One is $79.95 when participants register at least three days prior to the program and pricing for Track Two is $149.95 after a special $50 professional discount. More information including the Epson Print Academy seminar schedule of locations and how to register is available at www.EpsonPrintAcademy.com.
- Checking Out the New Canon EOS M5 Flagship Mirrorless Camera at PhotoPlus Expo (Video)
- Look at These Eye-Popping Macro Photographs of Damselflies and You Will Be Amazed
- B&W Fine Art: How David Fokos Uses the Passage of Time to Create Stunning, Emotional Images
- Full Frame: The Story Behind the Image
- Canon Intros EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera with Faster Autofocus & Built-In Electronic Viewfinder