DXO Labs Announces Public Beta Release Of DXO Optics Pro Version 3.0 Software
Serious photographers worldwide are invited to download and test-drive DxO Optics Pro V3.0 from the DxO Labs Web site (http://www.dxo.com) and provide feedback on all aspects of this landmark application.
DxO Labs' unique, automatic optical corrections are a core part of DxO Optics Pro V3.0. Based on sophisticated models of camera and lens performance, DxO Optics Engine together with the associated lens correction modules automatically removes lens distortion, vignetting, lens softness and lateral chromatic aberration. Corrections can be accomplished automatically with no user interaction required even though the corrections required can differ greatly from one image to the next.
Based on a set of unique algorithms developed by DxO Labs and on precise camera sensor modelization, the all-new DxO Noise Engine automatically achieves a reduction of up to two stops in image noise while preserving maximum detail. For example, an image shot at 1600 ISO and processed by DxO Noise Engine will present a noise level equivalent to an image shot at 400 ISO.
A brand new DxO technology included in this release, DxO Lighting is a unique local exposure and dynamic range optimizer. Automatically replicating analog film techniques known as "dodging and burning", DxO Lighting Engine brings out shadow detail of digital image files while preserving highlights, textures, colors and a natural look.
DxO Optics Pro V3.0 Public Beta software is available now, free of charge through
www.dxo.com. In addition, DxO
Labs has setup a dedicated blog at www.dxo3beta.com
to provide continuous interaction with the photography community throughout
the beta-test period.
As is customary, once the final software is released DxO Optics Pro V3.0 will be offered in two versions with the same functionality but different levels of camera support:
· DxO Optics Pro V3.0 ($159) for prosumer and expert amateur Digital-SLRs.
· DxO Optics Pro V3.0 Elite ($249) for all supported cameras, including professional Digital-SLRs.
All purchasers of DxO Optics Pro 2.2 on or after April 20th, 2005 are eligible for a free upgrade to DxO Optics Pro V3.0 upon release. For all other users, upgrade to DxO Optics Pro V3.0 will be offered at $49.
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- This Happened When Kristina Makeeva Took a Stroll on the Deepest, Cleanest Lake On Earth
- Here’s the Backstory on Chris Burkard’s Once-in-a-Lifetime Shot of a Surfer in Iceland (VIDEO)
- Leica Intros Slimmed Down M10 Rangefinder that Ditches Movie Mode (Hands-On & Test Images)