Digital Output In The Age Of Photography; It Is Time To Recognize The Value And Integrity Of The Ink Jet Photo Print
Photography is a wide-ranging
field that engenders passion in its practitioners, and like all great
forms of expression creates opinions formed through experience and reflection.
In its early days one of the great debates was: Is Photography Art?
This was the subject of many essays and heated discussions among players
and spectators. Today, issues such as film vs. digital, format choices,
the validity of computer generated images, photography as exploitation
or revealer, and even the merits of ink jet vs. silver prints cause
similar debate. We are opening this department up to readers, manufacturers,
and retailers--in short, everyone who lives and breathes photography
and who has an opinion about anything affecting imaging today.
P hotography is the art of
creating images by the action of light. Technology has always driven
improvements in the photographic process, from early daguerreotypes,
tintypes, and cyanotypes to today's high-speed films and megapixel
Chris Maher and Larry Berman are photographers, writers, and web designers, specializing in image intensive photography sites. For more information, visit their websites at: www.InfraredDreams.com and www.BermanGraphics.com.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Sony A6500 Lab Review: How Does This Flagship Mirrorless Camera from Sony Stack Up?
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success