The Digital Darkroom
Making Quick Mask Selections
There are many
different ways to make selections in Photoshop. Here's one that
I find works well with lots of different types of images. For this demonstration,
I had a nice portrait of my friend, Earl Eshenauer, but a distracting
background. I wanted to move Earl's picture onto a better type of
background. Here's how I did it using the Quick Mask mode.
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Geared Up: Long Glass: My Favorite Telephoto And Zoom Lenses For Getting Close To The Action