"Day With The Whales" Workshop In Hawaii
A Master at the use and manipulation of light, Scott Mead carefully selects his subjects and locations to optimize the ever-changing luminosity and atmospheric conditions the Hawaiian Islands present. Tempered by patience and uncanny timing, his images depict an intense variation of light, fluidity, and motion to capture the pure essence and "mana" of Hawaii through his lens.
Mead's award-winning style of photography is particularly suited for the four forms of media on which his images are printed: a metallic-coated photographic paper, dye-infused aluminum, sugar cane paper and rag canvas. Workshop attendees will have an opportunity to print their best image of the day onto a beautiful Breathing Color canvas, transforming a great photograph into an amazing work of art.
"This is one of my favorite workshops of the year," explains Scott Mead. "It gives me an opportunity to share many of the tips and techniques I've learned over the years while capturing one of the most beautiful animals and picture-perfect landscapes in the world. Everyone walks away with a greater appreciation of the nature around them, and a greater appreciation for their abilities as photographers."
Registration for Mead's "Day with the Whales " workshop is now open, but seating and availability is limited.
- Check Out These Spectacular Images Captured by a Pilot From the Cockpit of a Boeing 747 Cargo Plane
- Get Ready for Fall, Photographers. Here Are 5 Photo Tips for Autumn.
- Watch Us Test the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR in Bali, Indonesia in This Video Review
- Our Top 7 Camera Straps and Photo Harnesses For Carrying Your Gear Safely in Style
- Watch This Stunning 4K Timelapse That Shows Off the Beautiful Snohetta Viewpoint in Norway