"Day With The Whales" Workshop In Hawaii
A Master at the use and manipulation of light, Scott Mead carefully selects his subjects and locations to optimize the ever-changing luminosity and atmospheric conditions the Hawaiian Islands present. Tempered by patience and uncanny timing, his images depict an intense variation of light, fluidity, and motion to capture the pure essence and "mana" of Hawaii through his lens.
Mead's award-winning style of photography is particularly suited for the four forms of media on which his images are printed: a metallic-coated photographic paper, dye-infused aluminum, sugar cane paper and rag canvas. Workshop attendees will have an opportunity to print their best image of the day onto a beautiful Breathing Color canvas, transforming a great photograph into an amazing work of art.
"This is one of my favorite workshops of the year," explains Scott Mead. "It gives me an opportunity to share many of the tips and techniques I've learned over the years while capturing one of the most beautiful animals and picture-perfect landscapes in the world. Everyone walks away with a greater appreciation of the nature around them, and a greater appreciation for their abilities as photographers."
Registration for Mead's "Day with the Whales " workshop is now open, but seating and availability is limited.
- Nikon Clarifies Their Path Forward: Will Concentrate on Mid-to-High-End DSLRs, Mirrorless Cameras & Lenses
- Learn 7 Lightroom Tricks in 60 Seconds on Using Sliders to Speed up Your Workflow (VIDEO)
- Fujifilm X-A3 Mirrorless Camera Review
- Celebrity Shooter Matthew Jordan Smith Shows You How to Take Great Portraits of Women (VIDEO)
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time