Datacolor Photo Contest Book To Benefit Charity
"Colors of My Life" is an 80-page hardcover photography book, which began as a simple photography contest sponsored by Datacolor's European office. As part of the contest, consumers submitted two photographs that incorporated colors they felt best depicted their lives or personalities. The final images -- 60 images total -- worked so well as a single body of work that Datacolor decided to create a portfolio in the form of a book.
"We were completely overwhelmed by the number of images we received as well as the quality of the photos," says Sophie Schwery, Consumer Business Unit Manager, Datacolor in Europe. "Our decision to produce a book of these beautiful photographs was an easy one and working with the Hope for Children organization to benefit children has been rewarding beyond words. We would encourage anyone who loves photography to purchase the book and help brighten the lives of children," Ms. Schwery added.
"Determining the winners of the contest among so many great entries was a difficult task but one I enjoyed thoroughly," said Christoph Gamper, Vice President, Consumer Business Unit, Datacolor and a member of the adjudication team. "The winning images represent a magnificent portfolio of photography and the idea of creating a book whose proceeds benefit underprivileged children makes it a true labor of love," Mr. Gamper added.
Copies of the book "Colors of My Life" can be purchased through Blurb at http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/750811 for $22.82 (U.S.).
- Here’s the Best Way to Sharpen Your Images: Use This Free Photoshop Action Download (VIDEO)
- Travel Photographer Captures Gorgeous Long-Exposure Cityscapes at Night and You Can Too
- Here’s How to Create Believable Photos of People Levitating: No Magical Powers Required
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Power of B&W" Assignment
- New High-Speed Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 Lens Promises “Exceptional” Image Quality