Datacolor ‘Real New York’ Photo Contest
The ‘Real New York’ photo contest invites photographers to submit examples of their work that capture the essence of the city that never sleeps, and the urban core of the metropolis that goes beyond tourist hotspots. The submitted photographs should illustrate iconic images that speak what the real New York is through its sights, textures, spirit, and more. Contest photos will appear on www.datacolor.com/therealnewyork, where visitors can view the images. Online voting, open to the public, will take place from May 12 until July 24, 2010.
“There is no better place to launch the ‘Real New York’ photo contest than at New York’s premier photo festival,” said Christoph Gamper, Vice President, Consumer Business Unit, Datacolor, who will serve as a member on the 2010 New York Photo Awards jury. “NYPH shares in our mission to offer young artists the opportunity to have their talent recognized and we are happy to support this cause as a sponsor of this year’s festival.”
The grand prize winner of the ‘Real New York’ photo contest will be awarded a trip to the renowned Photokina trade show taking place September 21-26, 2010 in Cologne, Germany. The first and second runner-ups will receive a Lensbaby Composer and a $250.00 B&H gift card, respectively. There is a limit of 10 entries per submitter. Pictures submitted must be original and the property of the photographer. The contest is open to any person 18 years or older residing in the United States. All entries must be received no later than July 24, 2010. To enter, view contest submissions, details and rules, visit www.datacolor.com/therealnewyork.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think