Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before
New York is a spectacular city from just about any angle. But these dizzying images looking down on the city’s skyline from atop tall skyscrapers are absolutely breathtaking.
The unique photos you see here were shot by a widely followed Instagram shooter known as “@svvvk” who scales tall building across New York to capture cityscapes from a bird’s eye view.
The photographer has been questioned by security personnel on more than one occasion, but says, “As long as you are polite and respectful to them, they will be the same.”
Despite the apparent danger of shooting from atop tall buildings, this Instagram shooter says, “The risk for looking over the edge is always worth it to me.” And his 47,000 followers seem to agree.
Unlike the controversial daredevil model we featured yesterday, hanging off the roof of a Dubai skyscraper with no means of protection, this New York photographer says, “If there’s something out of reach or it’s getting too dangerous, we have a friend lend a hand or call it off and move on. One photo isn’t worth anyone’s life.”
While “@ykkk” clearly isn’t the squeamish sort, he insists, “I don’t push my limits past what I know I’m capable of so I haven’t been hurt doing this.” You can view more of his images on Instagram, and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram at @ShutterbugPix where we’re sharing our favorite photos from our followers.
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Camera Review