Entries In Joe Gioias Digital Notebook
If you're a photographer,
this is what you do.
Then in January, 2001, you
start posting the pictures to your web site. You may put up three or four
photos of a single day; sometimes a day yields no images at all.
When someone says that the unanswered questions and suggested lives in the pictures remind him of Raymond Carver short stories, and then says that you've created art, you say that you set out only to photograph your life. You say that the ideal viewer of these pictures is someone who is awake at three in morning, that Visible Republic is a refuge for insomniacs.
You cite influences, especially Walker Evans, especially his subway photos. You say that if Andre Kertesz were alive today he'd be shooting with a digital camera.
You believe that this is what
digital and the web do best. You're surprised so few people are
- Nature Photographer Captures Stunning Images of African Wildlife at Night Under Moonlit Skies
- Look at this Stunning 4K Video of Whales & the Northern Lights in Norway by Philip Bloom
- This Happens When You Cut a Working Canon SLR Camera in Half with a 60,000 PSI Waterjet (VIDEO)
- Adventure Photographer Camps On Greenland’s Frigid Icecap to Capture the Aurora Borealis
- PortraitPro Body Software Review