Carl Zeiss Establishes Camera Lens Sales Organization for North America
In the North American market, Richard Schleuning has been appointed as the National Sales Manager for a new Camera Lens Division with responsibility for the local sales, marketing and promotion of Zeiss Ikon products. Mr. Schleuning was formerly Executive Vice President at Hasselblad USA and joins Carl Zeiss, Inc. with over 25-years experience in the professional camera and photographic industry.
From these branch locations, Carl Zeiss will primarily utilize the expertise of experienced local and regional photo specialty dealers who already market Carl Zeiss lenses with such camera brands as Hasselblad or Rollei, or via Sony digital cameras. As in the past, these systems will be marketed by the camera manufacturers themselves.
In 2005, Carl Zeiss AG brought over 16 million camera lenses onto the market. The main customers are Sony in Tokyo, Nokia in Helsinki, Arnold & Richter in Munich (the world's biggest manufacturer for the equipment used in cinema and TV movie production), Hasselblad in Gothenburg as well as Band Pro Film & Digital in Hollywood and the professional camera manufacturers Alpa in Zurich, Sinar in Schaffhausen, and Rollei/Franke & Heidecke in Braunschweig.
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer
- FilmToaster Scanner Review
- Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens Review
- Help the Rescued Film Project Process & Restore a Treasure Trove of Film Shot in the 1950s (VIDEO)