Carl Zeiss Establishes Camera Lens Sales Organization for North America
In the North American market, Richard Schleuning has been appointed as the National Sales Manager for a new Camera Lens Division with responsibility for the local sales, marketing and promotion of Zeiss Ikon products. Mr. Schleuning was formerly Executive Vice President at Hasselblad USA and joins Carl Zeiss, Inc. with over 25-years experience in the professional camera and photographic industry.
From these branch locations, Carl Zeiss will primarily utilize the expertise of experienced local and regional photo specialty dealers who already market Carl Zeiss lenses with such camera brands as Hasselblad or Rollei, or via Sony digital cameras. As in the past, these systems will be marketed by the camera manufacturers themselves.
In 2005, Carl Zeiss AG brought over 16 million camera lenses onto the market. The main customers are Sony in Tokyo, Nokia in Helsinki, Arnold & Richter in Munich (the world's biggest manufacturer for the equipment used in cinema and TV movie production), Hasselblad in Gothenburg as well as Band Pro Film & Digital in Hollywood and the professional camera manufacturers Alpa in Zurich, Sinar in Schaffhausen, and Rollei/Franke & Heidecke in Braunschweig.
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Make Your Landscape Photographs “Pop” with This Photoshop Tutorial from Jimmy McIntyre (VIDEO)
- Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before