Carl Zeiss Establishes Camera Lens Sales Organization for North America
In the North American market, Richard Schleuning has been appointed as the National Sales Manager for a new Camera Lens Division with responsibility for the local sales, marketing and promotion of Zeiss Ikon products. Mr. Schleuning was formerly Executive Vice President at Hasselblad USA and joins Carl Zeiss, Inc. with over 25-years experience in the professional camera and photographic industry.
From these branch locations, Carl Zeiss will primarily utilize the expertise of experienced local and regional photo specialty dealers who already market Carl Zeiss lenses with such camera brands as Hasselblad or Rollei, or via Sony digital cameras. As in the past, these systems will be marketed by the camera manufacturers themselves.
In 2005, Carl Zeiss AG brought over 16 million camera lenses onto the market. The main customers are Sony in Tokyo, Nokia in Helsinki, Arnold & Richter in Munich (the world's biggest manufacturer for the equipment used in cinema and TV movie production), Hasselblad in Gothenburg as well as Band Pro Film & Digital in Hollywood and the professional camera manufacturers Alpa in Zurich, Sinar in Schaffhausen, and Rollei/Franke & Heidecke in Braunschweig.
- How to Shoot Pretty Portraits with a Compact Camera; Manny Ortiz Strips It Down With the Sony RX100 V
- Here Are 10 Great Tips & Tricks for Making Precise Selections & Masks in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V Compact Camera Review
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Aperture But Were Afraid to Ask (VIDEO)