Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/25 ZE and ZF.2
The optical experts have now virtually eliminated the chromatic aberrations on these lenses through a special design and selection of materials. Selected types of glass and two aspheric surfaces prevent color fringes from appearing on high-contrast edges. "The Distagon T* 2/25 elegantly combines a compact design with a large initial aperture," explains Christian Bannert, Senior Director of Product Development in the Camera Lens Division at Carl Zeiss AG. Lens elements meticulously crafted to minimize stray light and reflections in the lens, and the Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating to increase light transmission enable high-contrast image rendition and color saturation. The previously available Distagon T* 2,8/25 ZF.2 will continue to be on stock and supplements the new Distagon T* 2/25. Therefore, this new lens is also the first 25-mm lens of Carl Zeiss for the EF-bayonet. The Distagon T* 2/25 will be available by the end of 2011 at a recommended retail price of $1,699.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- These Stunning Images Are the 10 Category Winners in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition
- Nature Photographer Brendan Pattengale Uses Colored Sunglasses to Make These Painterly Landscape Photos