Canon's i9100 Photo Printer
Newest 13x19 Ink Jet Is A Serious Contender
In the weeks before I requested
the loan of their newest top of the line photo printer, I'd been
hearing good things about Canon's photo ink jet printing from
possibly the most critical of sources, my contacts in the color management
business. Over a year ago I wrote about Canon's S9000 13x19 six-color
photo printer, which I found worth recommending with few exceptions.
The new i9100 is a replacement of the S9000 with improvements mostly
affecting the fineness of the ink image and the speed with which it
makes a 13x19" print. After purchasing one of the first Canon
EOS Digital Rebel cameras myself, I think it particularly appropriate
for Canon to also provide the means to make the best prints possible
from what you might capture with that camera, or from scanned film.
Using The Canon i9100
I then proceeded to custom profile some of the papers I was printing with the Canon i9100 Photo Printer. I was then able to compare print results using the custom profile with prints made with the generic Canon profile for the printer.
Moab Paper Company
Evaluation And Recommendation
Gray Scale Results
Paper Sizes (13x19"
edge-to-edge true borderless photos): Letter, legal, A3+ (13x19"),
ledger (11x17"), A4, A5, 4x6", 5x7", US #10 or European
- Nature Photographer Captures Stunning Images of African Wildlife at Night Under Moonlit Skies
- Look at this Stunning 4K Video of Whales & the Northern Lights in Norway by Philip Bloom
- This Happens When You Cut a Working Canon SLR Camera in Half with a 60,000 PSI Waterjet (VIDEO)
- Adventure Photographer Camps On Greenland’s Frigid Icecap to Capture the Aurora Borealis
- PortraitPro Body Software Review