The Canon EOS 1Ds
The Well Heeled Photographers Dream Camera
This digital thing just might work out after all. Consumer point-and-shoot cameras are getting better, faster, cheaper, and easier to use. Photo quality color printers are starting to live up to their "lab quality prints" claims, and the high end is getting positively scary! Recently I had the chance to get my hands on one of the very first production Canon EOS-1Ds digital cameras, the new 11 million pixel, full 24x36mm frame professional CMOS SLR body that has the photo world buzzing. This is a serious camera that should push the few film-only stalwarts over the fence.
Is Film Still Dead?
While all of these cameras
can replace film for many applications, for commercial shooters like myself
I've found that they are close, real close, but not quite there
yet. For studio shots I've reverted either to a 4x5 view camera
loaded with Fuji Provia, or the excellent MegaVision T32 three-shot camera
back on a Hasselblad body.
The Dreamer Awakes
But At What Price Glory?
Our 1Ds Arrives
Putting It To Work
Checking The Image Files
What About The Noise Over
Getting RAW In The Studio
On The Job
The Horse's Mouth
At The Printing House
Easy To Like
And A Few Grumbles...
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- Wild World: Charles Glatzer on How to Stay 10 Steps Ahead as a Wildlife Photographer
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor f/1.4E ED Lens?
- Cancer Therapist Mimics Celebrity Pics to Raise Money for Patients with These Hilarious Photos
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor F/1.4E ED Lens?